Sunday, May 25, 2008

Movie Hype = Disappointment

The title says it all.

Why do I listen to it? It usually doesn't end well.

Case in point - Juno.

Did I miss something? Ellen Page was nominated for an Oscar and so was the movie. What?? I have been wanting to watch this and finally got to on Friday. That's 96 minutes of my life I won't be getting back! Hubby should be thanking me for not making him sit through this. It was horrible. And where did they get their teen dialouge from?? My son talks nothing like that. My advice.....just say NO to Juno!


Here's a few more movies that were a huge disappointment to me!

The Blair Witch Project - I think I still have motion sickness!

Saving Private Ryan - Could it have been any longer? Hubby slept through most of it and didn't miss a beat!

Sideways - 2 men decide to take a wine country road trip.....and no woman made them?

Little Miss Sunshine - Huh?????

Does this movie hype get to you, too? What movies do you think didn't live up to their hype?


2 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

Don't watch Cloverfield either!! I went to the movies with Hubby and in the first 20 minutes I had to leave...I nearly fainted, got horribly nauseous and had a panic attact from it. (think Blair Witch).

By The Seat Of My Pants said...

Yuck! I can't stand wasting time and when movies suck...it is the worst waste of time. I am sorry for your loss. Thanks for the warning!