Thursday, January 29, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
I've had this in my drafts for some time and as I was re-reading it, I was laughing about how dead on most of it is.
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Bette!
You are a Bette -- "I must be strong"
Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Stand up for yourself... and me. Oh yeah.
- * Be confident, strong, and direct. Sounds good.
- * Don't gossip about me or betray my trust. Definitely!
- * Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
- * Give me space to be alone. Totally!
- * Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me. Don't we all like a little flattery?
- * I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack. Ahem.
- * When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.
What I Like About Being a Bette
- * being independent and self-reliant Yup!
- * being able to take charge and meet challenges head on Check.
- * being courageous, straightforward, and honest I try.
- * getting all the enjoyment I can out of life I'm trying to learn to not sweat the small stuff.
- * supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me Oh, yeah!!!
- * upholding just causes
What's Hard About Being a Bette
- * overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to Am I blunt?
- * being restless and impatient with others' incompetence So me!
- * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it I HATE when that happens!
- * never forgetting injuries or injustices Yuck!
- * putting too much pressure on myself Hmmmm.....
- * getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right Totally.
Bettes as Children Often
- * are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit I can do it myself.
- * are sometimes loners Not really.
- * seize control so they won't be controlled Check.
- * figure out others' weaknesses ??
- * attack verbally or physically when provoked Next.
- * take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest First born.
Bettes as Parents
- * are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted Check.
- * are sometimes overprotective Check. Check.
- * can be demanding, controlling, and rigid Check. Check. Check.
Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz
Who are you??