Wednesday, January 7, 2009

BOO!

At the urging of a few peeps (Bahama Shores Mama and Sista #2), I am coming out of hiding.

I've had this in my drafts for some time and as I was re-reading it, I was laughing about how dead on most of it is.

Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...

You Are a Bette!

mm.bette_.jpg


You are a Bette -- "I must be strong"

Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.


How to Get Along with Me


  • * Stand up for yourself... and me. Oh yeah.

  • * Be confident, strong, and direct. Sounds good.

  • * Don't gossip about me or betray my trust. Definitely!

  • * Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.

  • * Give me space to be alone. Totally!

  • * Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me. Don't we all like a little flattery?

  • * I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack. Ahem.

  • * When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.

Me?????????

Never........

.....

well maybe..........

.....

Ok, fine!!


What I Like About Being a Bette


  • * being independent and self-reliant Yup!

  • * being able to take charge and meet challenges head on Check.

  • * being courageous, straightforward, and honest I try.

  • * getting all the enjoyment I can out of life I'm trying to learn to not sweat the small stuff.

  • * supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me Oh, yeah!!!

  • * upholding just causes


What's Hard About Being a Bette


  • * overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to Am I blunt?

  • * being restless and impatient with others' incompetence So me!

  • * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it I HATE when that happens!

  • * never forgetting injuries or injustices Yuck!

  • * putting too much pressure on myself Hmmmm.....

  • * getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right Totally.


Bettes as Children Often


  • * are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit I can do it myself.

  • * are sometimes loners Not really.

  • * seize control so they won't be controlled Check.

  • * figure out others' weaknesses ??

  • * attack verbally or physically when provoked Next.

  • * take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest First born.


Bettes as Parents


  • * are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted Check.

  • * are sometimes overprotective Check. Check.

  • * can be demanding, controlling, and rigid Check. Check. Check.


Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz
at HelloQuizzy

Who are you??

7 comments:

Bahama Shores Mama said...

Peek a boo........I see you. I'll have to take that quiz. I think I saw it somewhere, but I've forgotten most of it.

So nice to "see" you blogging again. Don't it feel good?

My google reader has missed you.

Ann(ie) said...

WE would so be friends!!!! Why do you live so far away? *snif* I knew I was a Betty before I took the test, but wow. That is very much me. I've missed you girlie!!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!!

I too am a Bette :)

peace
#2

Shauna said...

I'm new here! What a great blog :)

Pleasing Procrasinator said...

About time, although I cannot say too much.
Going to take this test now. Hey I need something to post:)
I'll be seeing you in March..Yay.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You are back...I've missed you!

Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun....she was a romantic in the movies!
-sandy toe